Adults who love the sound of children singing, seeing smiling faces and making a difference in the lives of children and their families are invited to join in the children’s choir program. We have a place for young adults, parents and those who are retired. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Directors and assistant directors
- Choir parents
- Crafters and seamstresses for basic costume preparation
- Helpers to laminate name tags each fall when choirs begin (flexible times)
- Volunteers for Project Wednesdays (weekly during children’s choir rehearsals). This group helps with simple projects throughout the children’s choir year.
- Shadows for choir children who have special needs
- T-shirt committee helper to assist with selling and distributing choir T-shirts each fall
Please contact Cindy Poelking, for more information. If you would like to volunteer, email us with your name, email and the position you would like to fill. Child care during volunteer hours is available upon request.
Everyone working with children at Alpharetta Methodist is required to complete Child/Youth Protection Training, which includes a training session and a background check. The session takes place in the Library and lasts about an hour.