Upon This Rock: Capital Campaign & Building Plans
Since the 1800s, Alpharetta Methodist has shared the gospel of Jesus Christ in our community. When we look back, we see a rich heritage of welcoming people and inviting them to “taste and see that the Lord is good.” (Psalm 34:8)
The City of Alpharetta is growing at a rapid pace, with the downtown area being revitalized and tens of thousands of people expected to move into neighboring communities in the next several years. Our church’s pastors, ministry leaders and members prayer often about how we can best share the good news of Christ in the face of these challenges.
“Upon this Rock” Capital Campaign
Alpharetta Methodist hired Dr. Michael Vilardo, of Transforming Christian Ministries, who guided the church in a capital campaign with a preliminary goal of $10 million during 2015. Church members Ron and Pam Schiftic served as co-chairs for the Capital Campaign Committee.
The Building Plans
The campus-wide building plan developed by Alpharetta Methodist’s Long Range Planning Committee (LRP) and CDH Architects updates our facilities to best meet the following objectives.
- How do we reach the next generation with the good news of Jesus Christ?
- How do we welcome the next guest?
- What’s the next step in discipleship?
- How do our facilities impact those goals?
The $10 million building plan includes:
- Improved and expanded space for Children’s Ministry
- New gathering spaces for fellowship and connection
- A friendly and convenient front door for the church
- Improved flow throughout the campus and effective placement of ministry areas
- Renovations to the Methodist Youth Center that add more classrooms and two decks where youth can spend time in fellowship together.
Old Coins Can Help Us Achieve Our Capital Campaign Goal
Do you have some old coins stashed away? Are you hanging onto them, thinking they might be worth more than face value? Our Finance Office can put you in touch with a member of the church who’s a qualified coin collector/dealer. He will appraise and buy the coins, with the provision that the proceeds go to the Upon This Rock Capital Campaign. In addition, he will tithe, over and above his pledge, 10 percent of the value of the coins he purchases. Contact Financial Administrator Connie Powell to learn more.
September 2016 Update: Church Council approves contractor
May 2016 Update